How to setup and install SoftEther VPN client in your windows system?
Follow the steps below, in order to install SoftEther vpn client :
- Go to the above link to download VPN-client - https://www.softether-download.com/en.aspx?product=softether
- From the drop down list, select software as Soft ether VPN, component as Soft Ether VPN client and platform as Windows :
- Double click the downloaded file and it will take you to the setup wizard. Click next after selecting SoftEther VPN client -
- After the installation completes, from the top left menu, select Connect and click New VPN Connection setting :
- An alert menu will pop up to configure the settings and add a virtual network adapter. Click yes -
- Next, you have to give a name to the Virtual Network adapter, simply name it as VPN and hit ok-
- In the next section, Give your connection settings a name, give hostname as the vpn server's ip (X.X.X.X) or hostname that you want to connect. Let the port remain as 443 and enter the given virtual HUB name. Enter username and password in the box on the right side with name User Authentication Settings and click OK :
- The new connection setting would have been added. Right click on it and click Connect -
- If everything has been done fine, the status would change to Connected for the new connection setting -
How to Connect to an SSH Server from Windows, macOS, or Linux
An SSH client allows you to connect to a remote computer running an SSH server. 1. Windows The most popular and widely recommended solution for connecting to SSH servers is an open source, third-party application called PuTTY. But now with windows 10 ...
How To Edit Hosts File (Local Point) In Linux, Windows, Or Mac
Introduction The hosts file in Windows, Mac, or Linux maps hostnames to IP addresses. For example, an intranet, like a corporate office that has servers for users to access, or it could be domain names for servers on the internet. Editing your hosts ...
How to setup/add email account in cPanel?
Based on the themes, this article is divided into two parts : For cPanel Basic Theme For cPanel Retro Theme For cPanel Basic Theme : 1. Login to your cPanel account and under the Email section, click on Email Accounts menu. 2. Navigate to ...
How to connect to ftp/sftp using filezilla?
What is filezilla? Filezilla is a free and open source SFTP(secure FTP)/FTP client which is built on modern standards. It is available cross-platform (Mac, Windows and Linux) and is actively maintained. First you will need to download and install the ...
Clearing the known_hosts ssh file
Sometimes when connecting to a computer with SSH, things can get jumbled up and an error can occur that looks like this: The purpose of the known_hosts file is for the client to authenticate the server they are connecting to. This error will occur ...